CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 23, 2009

    Book Reviews and Other Literary Random-ness

    Ok so due to my terribly fast reading I have finished my 2 books that I bout yesterday at Target. So firstly, L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad, I was a little iffy about buying this book due to prejudices against the author, but I have to admit it was far from the worst book I've ever read. It was actually pretty good and fast paced with an extensive vocabulary mingled with OMGs and WTFs. It kind of mirrors LC's own life with reality tv stardom and back stabbing psuedo friends. Of course the antagonist is a gorgeous blonde who acts sweet but is really a fame-seeking publicity whore. If you like the drama filled world of The Hills or Gossip Girl you'll enjoy this novel.

    I'm a huge fan of the HBO show TrueBlood and because of my lack of cable this summer I was inspired to quench my Sookie Stackhouse/vampire obsession by reading the book series that inspired the show. I have to tell you the books are amazing, dare I say more amazing than the show. After catching up with the second season of the show, I have to say that although I still love the Sookie/Bill relationship in the True Blood universe, the evolution of the Sookie/Eric relationship in the books is absolutely fabulous. The Eric from the books is just as ruthless and crazy as in the show, but you are actually able to see a sweetness that's not really apparent in the show. So to sum this all up I would recommend that you check out the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. The first book fyi is called Dead Till Dark. Happy Reading Everyone!

    0 comments: